50 Trails Of Blogging

A haphazard blog of my time as Grandmaster of the Reading (PA) Hash House Harriers

Name:
Location: PA's Most Dangerous City, United States

I am the Grandmaster of the Reading HHH. When I can dump this albatross onto someone else hopefully they can keep blogging.

Saturday, April 19, 2008

HASH #699

Unlike most kennels who have an AGM annually (or some that never have a mismanagement change) - Reading has always flushed away its mismanagement every 50 trails.

That equates to about 2 years per empire. Thats a good amount of time - long enough that everyone should have the hang of things but not too long as to overstay their welcome.

In some ways it is very hard to believe that tomorrow is the last regular hash of my Grandmastership. In some ways its gone amazingly fast and in others its been excruciatingly slow.

After I pass the crown to the next fool, uhh, I mean the new Grandmaster, I will probably post some reflections on my reign.

But right now two things that pop into my head are:
  • I didnt achieve a significantly larger base of ACTIVE hashers. Our numbers are about the same as they were 2yrs ago - even though the faces are a lot different
  • And I just dont get the attitude that EAGER BEAVER has towards Reading. When she got into a girly pissing contest with someone from outside RH3 we, as a kennel, pretty much rallied the wagons and protected her - not based so much on who was right or wrong - but almost solely on the fact that she was from here and we take care of our own first. Then she moves away and seemingly does everything in her power to exhibit not even the slightest appreciation. I have heard on several occasions that she talks smack and now has issued an edict that she doesnt want any non-H5 trails to be posted to their website. This creates a completely pointless "us vs. them" mentality. I dont buy into that. I love publishing ALL the local hashes on readinghash.com I encourage everyone in Reading to travel to local and distant hashes. If they chose to or not to - thats beyond my power - but I want them to know that there are all sorts of excellent hash events. EAGER, tell me why you feel slighted and maybe there is something I can do to alleviate that. But please dont backstab and undermine - thats just not right.
OE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home